Friday 2 January 2015

On a personal note ...

Christmas is a time to be with family.  As much as I love my job and miss all my lovely students (my international family), it was great to have two weeks holiday to just chill and do very little :-)

My Dad is the epitome of minimalist when it comes to Christmas decorations ... so the first thing I did when I arrived home was go to the garden to find a suitable something to represent a Christmas tree :-)

However, before Christmas Day came there were other celebrations to be had ... 
On Christmas Eve (Dec 24th) my Dad celebrated his 80th birthday :-)  Or in Basel's words, he turned 20 for the fourth time!!!
The evening before the big day Tony & Sarah (my brother and sis-in-law) and I took Dad out for a scrumptious Indian feast. None of us are great party people so Dad's birthday itself was also simply enjoyed with the family ...
Tony (my brother)  -  Heather (my niece)  -  Sarah (sis-in-law)  -  Birthday Boy Bill
Me  -  James (my nephew) with baby Jonah & his wife Lydia
Amongst other gifts, Tony and I gave Dad a photograph book of his life entitled 'EIGHTY and counting'.  Here's Dad showing some of the pictures to His great-grandon Jonah.
Christmas Day itself was again enjoyed at Tony & Sarah's, along with Heather and Sarah's parents.  We ate a scumptious meal, opened lovely presents and enjoyed each others company.

All in all it was just far too much excitement for some people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment