Thursday 16 July 2015

On a personal note ...

I just been back to Tewkesbury for a flying visit, sadly for the funeral of a friend there - Fran Baldwin.
Exactly one year previous Fran & Alan hosted myself and eight students (plus others) for a wonderful BBQ at their home.  What a great memory!!
It was a privilege to join with others in celebrating a life well lived.  For those of you who like to cook, here is a copy of Fran's Favourite Christmas Pudding :-)








Although it was a sad reason to travel, it was nice for me to see my family.  Dad and I got to have coffee together and enjoy a meal out  ...  here are some pics to make your mouth water  ... our Greek meze starter and my lamb kleftiko :-)  Truly scrumptious!!
 

Great to spend some time with my brother and sis-in-law, and my nephew and family. We spent Saturday morning at Overbury annual village fete where Lydia and I tried our hand at pottery.



 
 

 And, of course, I got to see my wonderful great-nephew, Jonah.

No comments:

Post a Comment