Sunday 5 March 2017

A Day in Southend

"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside. 
Oh, I do like to be beside the sea."

Not long home from a marvellous day in Southend-on-Sea. A place I visited often as a child, but haven't been to for years. For most of the day we managed to avoid all the rain, though it was cold enough.


The boys decided to go on one of the roller-coasters.




     




Then Annet decided she also wanted the experience, but she wasn't smiling like this when she came off the ride!!!

     

Now it was time to warm up with something hot. We found a lovely little place called Lena's Cafe which I'd really recommend  ...  it was clean, nicely decorated, friendly and the food was cooked fresh ... my sausage, egg, mushrooms and chips was truly scrumptious :-)
     
     


Finally, after refreshment, we had the energy to conquer the longest pier in the world  ...  all 2.16 kms. Actually, we took the train out to the end; then we walked a very windy way back.
     

     

     

     
     

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the sea side...but i still dread my roller coaster experience. I never want to see one,,,leave alone riding in one. The company and all the activities were overly awesome. Looking forward to next trip

    ReplyDelete