Tuesday 17 September 2024

On a personal note ...

Goodbyes are never easy!  Especially when they are people who have become so dear to your heart 💖💖

This past Saturday was a day of goodbyes for me 😢

Firstly, to Andy Wooding-Jones who has been my line manager for the past five years. Andy and his wife, Margaret, have been pillars in the Rochester Diocese during their time here, and will be missed by many people.
Andy has helped to keep me sane through some difficult circumstances. He has been a wonderful and wise listening ear when I've needed it, for which I'm immensely grateful.
It's with much sadness that I see them go, but also a deep sense that God is in control and he has a wonderful new season ahead of them, as they move to Sheffield.

My other goodbye was to dear friends Gary & Chris Atkins, who I've known for over 30 years.  They move to pastures new in Suffolk, which I'm told is a good location for a holiday 😆
I consider Chris my bestest of bestest friends and I don't think she realises the support and the impact she's had on my life, especially since I moved back to Medway in 2011.
Once again, I am deeply happy for them, but I don't think it's sunk in yet that they're not just going on holiday 😕  It's not just them, it's their children too, all of whom I've known since birth.
If Luna goes missing this week,
I think the first place they should
look, is my house 😲
I take comfort in the fact that our friendship has lasted the test of time and distance before and, therefore, will do again.  Whilst they were serving God in Mozambique between 1993-95, I was doing the same in Canada  ...  not sure we could have been much further apart.
Once again, they go with my love and blessing and prayers for this new season ahead  ...
and, yes Gary, the promise of a visit soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment