Tuesday 19 January 2016

On a personal note ...

On Saturday, Jan 16th I attended a training event looking at team dynamics and fresh purpose.  It was excellent.  There were two speakers, both of whom were excellent, but I really enjoyed listening to Ben Hunt-Davis MBE Olympic gold-medallist rower.

It was so exciting to hear how the rowing 8 had trained and prepared themselves for the Sydney Olympics. The challenges they had in their team dynamics and then, finally, to watch the race itself.

Often when listening to a speaker, preacher or lecturer I tend to write down short quotes or phrases. Those little nuggets of gold that I want to take away and ponder further in the days and weeks ahead.  There must be a word for someone who collects quotes but I've not discovered it yet - anyway, that's me!!

Here are just a few of the nuggets I came away with ...

Focus on what's important - it's too easy to simply get caught up with what's already happening.

What will maximise the opportunities ahead of us?

What are the 1% changes we can make?

Willingness to change and adapt is critical.

Just because we haven't doesn't mean we can't.


I also got to hold a real Olympic gold medal - how cool is that :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment