Wednesday 14 March 2018

Stephen Hawking

Personally, I am not a scientist, or a physicist, nor a cosmologist; reality is, I'm not particularly academic at all.  
I am a firm believer in God and in His Creation. Despite these differences, 
I believe the world has lost a great and inspirational figure in the person of Stephen Hawking.

I have been looking at some of the quotes made by Professor Hawking over the years and thought several warranted recording here ...

ON LIFE:  "One, remember to look up at the starts and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and without it, life is empty. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there, and don't throw it away."

ON FAME:  "The downside of my celebrity is that I cannot go anywhere in the world without being recognised.  It is not enough for me to wear dark sunglasses and a wig.  The wheelchair gives me away."

ON BEING DIAGNOSED WITH MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE:  "My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.

ON LIVING WITH A DISABILITY:  "My advise to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn't prevent you doing well, and don't regret the things it interferes with. Don't be disabled in spirit, as well as physically."

ON THE REASON WHY THE UNIVERSE EXISTS:  "If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we would know the mind of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment