Tuesday 8 October 2019

Cambridge Trip

Cambridge is one of my favourite places to visit


We had a coach full on Saturday, Oct 5th  -  53 people  -  and I got to sit in the important, grown-up seat at the front :-)



Our group was made up of students from
France, Russia, Italy, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Spain, China, India,

Vietnam, Romania, Malaysia, Singapore, Colombia
and I'm sure I've missed some nations - do please let me know.
After an hour and a half on the bus, for some of us, the day needed to begin with coffee.
Followed by a walk up Great St Mary's Church tower.
The weather was really lovely, so we got fab views of the city.

Getting ready for the 123 steps back down,
hoping we don't have to cross paths with too many
people on route.
Punting on the river is quite expensive and you need to check out the different companies but, as the weather was so lovely, Veroni and I decided it was worth the expense. The views from the river are lovely and it was worth it for the history lesson. It was also very peaceful and relaxing :-)

This was possibly my favourite moment of the day ...


Here is our boatman with pole ...












... and here is pole, stuck in river, without boatman :-)


Then it was time for lunch at my favourite place ...
The photo doesn't do my meal justice ... sourdough toast, with ham, leeks, melted cheese and a perfectly poached egg with salad ...  it was truly scrumptious :-)

2 comments: