Monday 29 June 2020

Where are they now? Basim

Hello, Hola, Salut, Namaste, Bonjour, Marhaba, Ciao and
Assalam Alaikum,

To all the beautiful people out there who are about to read
this article, you must wait for my introduction. You will only
know who I am at the end because that might be the most
boring bit I guess, well at least I am not boring at all in
person.

All you need to know is that I am hot!!! well I mean feeling
hot 🤣🤣🤣 The temperature here today has crossed 51 C,
"woohoo summer is here, time for some tanning at the beach”
that’s what might be going on in your head if you are in the
UK/Europe or anywhere else where it rains in summer and
the breeze comes at night. Nahh!! Not the same here. IT IS
HOT!! BOILING HOT! Sitting in the car feels like a sauna,
touching the door handle feels like touching a BBQ coal and
going out feels like a steam room, where the body gets wet
due to humidity and burns your skin like a tasty spiced up
BBQ chicken!! Oh Yeah on side note … I love eating
Chicken 🤣  (reality is - he just loves eating!!!)

Well without any waiting, many of you might have guessed
where I am from, but for those who still could not guess. I am
living in the Middle East in a country called Saudi Arabia,
this country requires no explanation, as it is one of the best
for living in many aspects. One of the best bits is we do not
pay taxes on salaries and can save a bunch of notes in the
banks. However, this is where I live and work with my
parents and siblings, a country l have lived in since
childhood.  Though I am not a Saudi, I am from Pakistan (a
beautiful paradise on earth). 
I have met wonderful people during 
my University life at Greenwich and 
they all have a special place in my
heart. Countless friends, professors,
classmates, colleagues.  However, then
there was the Lady Marvellous!!!
Yes Absolutely!! You heard it!! 
Lady Marvellous!! She is the
University Chaplain who cares about
students and organises endless 
activities that I would go to every 
single one of them. Anyone who joins 
University should meet her and attend 
at least one of her events. She is pure from the heart,
beautiful, her smile is contagious, and her laugh is
wonderful, a nature full of love and splendid hugs. Her name
is prestigious so please stand up and give her a huge round of
applause for the Marvellous Lady, Lynne Martin!! 👏👏👏
Eating 'depressed cake' at
World Mental Health Day

Last evening at TABLEtalk 

Lastly, my own introduction!! 
My name is Basim Chishty and 
work as an Electrical Design 
Engineer for an amazing French
Company called Assystem in 
Saudi Arabia. I love my job and 
life. I graduated from University 
of Greenwich (MC) with a degree 
in BSC (Hons) Electrical & 
Electronics Engineering. I used 
to live in Gillingham, 15 mins walk
from the Medway Campus. I worked 
as an IT Assistant in the longest 
library in Europe (Drill Hall Library) and Senior Outreach 
Ambassador for University of Greenwich. Both jobs were
the best jobs a student can ever get. You got well paid, 
with the chance to meet new people, communicate,
help, support, influence and inspire
others to be a better person with the
power of education. I am passionate
about everything, a caring friend 
and an enthusiastic sportsman. 
Well a bit 'fluffy' now due to the
pandemic, so you can take the 
sportsman out of it and replace it 
with constantly hungry person.
My life advice  ...  work-hard, earn-well, never give up on
your life, friends, family and especially yourself. Stay true to
who you are and enjoy every moment in life. Advice for
students  ...  your pain is temporary but remember grades are
forever, so make them count. Sleepless nights studying can
give you a holiday with family in your career life BUT
sleepless nights playing will only allow you to wave off
someone else going on holiday with their family. You
Choose!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment