Monday 6 June 2022

How did you spend the Jubilee weekend?

Hope you all had a great four-day break for the Jubilee weekend 😀  I know there were many activities happening all around Medway, in fact nation wide.  

If you'd like to share a photo and a paragraph of what you did it would be great to hear from you and include something in this blog post.

ME???  Well, I spent Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th at the Big Church Festival in West Sussex, along with about 40,000 other people.  This is a Christian music festival with five different stages, offering an eclectic taste in music genre; plus a worship venue, prayer tree, and numerous book and craft stalls, etc.


I camped for the three nights ... yes, me, camping!!! Certainly not my favourite thing BUT  ...  I was with great friends (Chris, Paul & Simon), listening to great music (Casting Crowns, Rend Collective and The Abrams), eating loads of great food, enjoying some lovely sunshine, enduring some rain & cold, and engaging in reduced hygiene practices for the weekend!

The cream tea, after setting up the tent, was my attempt at making camping more appealing 😀😀

This was the great weather we set up in, before going off to explore the site.

On the whole the weather was kind to us and we certainly didn't get the thunder storms that had been forecast. We managed to get most things to the cars in the dry and it was only drizzling slightly for packing up the tent. I'm really not sure what I'm supervising here, the guys definitely had it all covered 👍
Despite my lack of camping prowess
I have already agreed to go again
next year!!!

So, why not tell me what you did??

Olukunbi and her daughter Ni enjoyed a great day out at the Dickens Festival 😀😀




Dominika sent me this great photo and video from the traditional bun throwing which took place in Abingdon on June 5th. This event happens every time there is a royal celebration. The city councillors throw hundreds of buns from the city hall tower. All a little bizarre but lots of fun and people were surprisingly good at catching so there was very little waste. Check out the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment