Thursday 23 June 2022

On a personal note ...

I have just had six wonderful days leave as my Dad, brother (Tony) and sis-in-law (Sarah) were visiting.  We really lucked out with the weather 😀

Saturday was spent at Ightham Mote, a beautiful National Trust location about 40 minutes from where I live.

 


Tony fed the ducks some of our picnic.

Sunday was Father's Day so, after church, Sarah and I made a lovely chicken roast followed by rhubarb and apple crumble (well, actually, I think Sarah did most of the work)I would've taken a photo of the roast but we were all hungry and finished off every morsel before I thought about it 🤣🤣🤣
In the evening, T&S and I went to see Top Gun: Maverick.

Monday was another lovely day. We went to Canterbury, including Choral Evensong at the cathedral.  Cannot fault the attention and care we received on the trains to make things easier for dad 👍


On Tuesday, T&S went off the Sissinghurst Castle; while I took Dad to visit his sister and husband in Southend-on-Sea.
A trip to the seaside simply MUST include icecream!!!





Unfortunately, my wee holiday ended with me testing positive for covid; I'm hoping & 🙏🙏🙏 that my family stay clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment