Sunday 27 July 2014

Comings & Goings

It's that time of year when some students are returning to the UK for their graduation ceremonies.  Over this past week I have had Ilya from Russia and his mum, Elaina, staying; along with Liz from Uganda and her mum, Mary.

Thank you Liz & Mary for the lovely African dress ... and especially to Mary for her attempt at teaching me how to tie the head-dress. Don't think I was the best student :-(
I think I look a bit like a pirate!
On Tuesday evening whilst Ilya and mum were exploring the length and breadth of our capital city I had several African friends here for a meal.  It was lovely to welcome back Milton and his mum, as well as Leona and her parents - all from Nigeria.  
Liz, Leona's Mum & Dad, myself, Milton's Mum,
Mary (Liz's Mum) and Leona


It was a lovely evening together and Milton's Mum very graciously wrote in my guest book ...
"Mum Lynne is so special that I summed up that she is white in colour but African in soul and spirit."
"Ilya, it was so fantastic to have you and your Mum stay with me.
Your Mum is definitely the smily'est Russian I have ever met.
Come visit again sometime"

 

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pics. It was an amazing time seeing all of us again smiling all the way to victory. Lynne, you are a jewel! Thanks for the great dinners day in day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! I LOVE these!!!!! Lynne, you are cherished forever!!!

    ReplyDelete