Sunday 28 August 2016

Bye-Bye Geethani

Dear Geethani, after all the praying we did for your visa to arrive in time it was sooooooooo lovely to finally welcome you in to my home. I was thrilled that you were able to get here, literally at the 11th hour, for Sonali's graduation. I so enjoyed spending that special day with you and wider family and friends. How proud you must be of your daughter's accomplishments.


What a whirlwind that first day was ... coping with a long flight, your first time ever; mastering trains and ticket machinesthe emotion of the graduation ceremony; meeting so many new faces and finally the overwhelming craziness that is eating out at Spoons.


Sonali, please take that naked man out of the picture!!



You've seen some sights and been to BBQs and numerous other student related events. You've even experienced your first ever 'skinny latte' at Dobbies.

Will she like her coffee? YES, we have a smile!!!
A much better response than your first taste
of salt & vinegar crisps!!!

Next to Spoons all-you-can-eat restaurant, you have also experienced the calorie-laden delights of Creams ... another favourite hang out for the students.

We also spent a lovely day at Kew Gardens, followed by dinner with my nephew and his family ...


Geethani, I never like saying goodbye and I'm sad that you are leaving. I have sooooooooo much to thank you for, including my lovely sari  ... I received lots of compliments when I wore it to church :-)

Thank you too for all the scrumptious food you've cooked for me in this past month; I'm sure I was born in the wrong country ...




I'll start saving my pennies for a visit to Sri Lanka 

No comments:

Post a Comment