Tuesday 24 April 2018

Where are they now? Anu


Hi All....
I am Anurathan Pooranasandiran from Sri Lanka. Yah... my name is quite long as normal Sri Lankan names are, so call me “Anu”. I studied MSc in Civil engineering in University of Greenwich in 2014.  It was a wonderful experience studied in Medway Campus.

At the World Cafe (I hope nobody has
broken our record of 45 lines)
I came to UK on 29th December 2013 and I felt very lonely and homesick. After two weeks I came to know about TABLEtalk and the World Cafe. The first time went to World Cafe with my friend,  I was quite nervous, but Lynne and others welcomed us warmly and were friendly. In a few minutes we felt very comfortable and started to mingle with others.

TABLEtalk
I went to TABLEtalk and learnt about many countries, many religions, many different cultures and their foods. I have many friends from TABLEtalk we shared our food and our cultures with each others. I can’t forget World Cafe, Tabletalk, Sunday lunches in Lynne’s house and with host family, food festival, trips, etc...
I went on many tours in the UK. All of them were amazing and unforgettable; especially the weekend trip to Tewkesbury and the host family. The people in Tewkesbury are really amazing people. I am still wondering about that host family where we stayed because they allowed us to stay in such a beautiful house without any restrictions even though they were abroad that time. I would like to say special thanks to them.

      The Battle of Tewkesbury (1471)

I have learnt a lot from my friends such us new games, ice skating, travelling, bowling, billiards, photography, English, etc. Thank you so much Lynne, Joyce, Pauline, Chris, all host families, all supporters of Medway Campus Chaplaincy, campus staffs and all of my friends.
Eight different nationalities, all in one place.
Thank you so much Lynne.
Guess who
this is??

After I finished my MSc degree I came to Singapore. Currently I am working in a tunnelling project as a Consultant Engineer. I was very happy when I met Lynne and two other of my friends in Singapore again. I also went to Europe again in 2015 and met my friends in Switzerland and Turkey.




Lynne in Singapore.




I hope I will meet many friends as much as possible in the future. I didn’t mention my Medway Campus friends’ names because the list is very long and I have friends from all continents except Antarctica :-)  







I got engaged in March 2018 and I plan my wedding in September 2018. 







Again I thank all for the sweet memories always with me. Special thanks to Lynne. You are amazing, please continue your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment