Tuesday 17 December 2019

Where are they now? Valerie

Hello Everyone.  My name is Valerie. I came from France and spent six months at the University of Greenwich to finish my Bachelor degree of Biology. Six months may seem like far too short a time but it was one of the best times of my life.  Thanks to Lynne and the TABLEtalk events she organises, I encountered a lot of people who have now become my friends.




Six months is short but I learned so much in that time. I discovered a new country as well as a new culture, but not only that; I discussed things with my friends and learned about their cultures and their religion. It was really interesting. Thanks to my friends I improved my language skills. Another very interesting things was to compare the learning process between France and the UK. It was really different but I loved it!!


After my return to France, I graduated my Bachelor degree and started a Masters degree in Ecology. In France this takes two years but I took a kind of internship, so I just graduated this year.  I left the UK in 2016 and in these three years a lot of things have changed. I changed university in France and have moved countless times. But I am happy to discover more of my own country too.


To validate my last year of MSc I did a six-month internship in a nature reserve on the Island of Noirmoutier. The landscape was magnificent and I was able to take care of a colony of birds (among other things). It was a rewarding experience!

I have now returned at my home and live with my parents. I like to see my family and my friends that I have not seen for a long time. I really appreciate that. At the same time I am looking for a job in ecology.

I am now looking forward to finding a job and seeing what the future holds. I also hope with all my heart to come back one day to England to see my friends who are still there. Unfortunately I have not been able to see them this year but I hope to see them again soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment