Tuesday 14 July 2020

On a personal note ...

After somewhat struggling my way through three months of being home alone, I was thrilled to finally be able to travel westward to stay with my Dad and visit with family.
This is the first photo I took - not sure my smile has been
so wide in a while.
I travelled home on a Friday and on Sunday we enjoyed lunch in Tony & Sarah's garden (brother and sis-in-law).  Life almost felt normal ... though minus the hugs 😒

One positive to come out of lockdown is the fact that making this throw for my sis-in-law took just a matter of weeks rather than months.  It was good to be able to finally deliver it in person 😀
Many of you know Uncle Bill, he came for lunch one hot, sunny day ...







One evening, Tony, Sarah, Dad and I enjoyed a take-out meal ordered from the pub down the road. All very scrumptious!!
I don't always like photos of myself, but Sarah took this one and I think it's super nice ...
Another day we had coffee with my niece, Heather, and hubby, Damian.  How they managed to take a photo of us and we didn't get one of them I don't know.  We were probably too busy chatting and eating millionaire shortbread 😋

Then we enjoyed a rather windy BBQ with my nephew, James, and Lydia and the boys, Jonah & Reuben.  It was sooooooooooo windy the gazebo broke and almost blew away, and the children's paddling pool ended up out on the street!!  But we still got to play football, and build a volcano, and enjoy a local walk before the rain decided to set in.
At one point when Jonah needed to pop in to the house I said
I'd sit down for two minutes. His responses was, "No, you need to
practise and get good."  I thought that was a bit of a harsh
comment on my football skills.
Reuben knows how to play to the camera 😁


 

My niece, Heather, had a hospital appointment so she, Sarah
and I made it a girls' day out  -  with coffee and cake
😁😁😁

No comments:

Post a Comment