Tuesday 30 March 2021

#WorldFest2021 Virtual World Tour

 World Fest 2021 is drawing to a close. This great annual event is spearheaded by the University of Kent, but it's something Medway Campus Chaplaincy has partnered with for a number of years.  Sadly. this year we were unable to facilitate our normal Afternoon Tea with GKSU 😔 However, going virtual has brought with it many new ideas.

Amongst those ideas was a fabulous Food Calendar, which I'm sincerely hoping will remain live for all to see. Do take a look:

Cultural Food Calendar

Medway Chaplaincy's offering for the month was a Virtual World Tour. A series of excellent videos put together by Medway students and alumni, to showcase their home cultures. In a time when international travel is almost impossible, this was a welcome project for someone, like myself, who has an integral sense of wanderlust 😀😀🛪🛪

We begin our journey by travelling east to a country I really love and have visited a couple of times. Oh, what I'd give right now to be eating Pad Thai in the street markets of Bangkok or relaxing on one of the beaches of Koh Samui ...

Thailand with Pattamanan

Just a little closer to home we visit the beautiful island nation of Sri Lanka with our tour guide Veron. So much to see in such a relatively small country. Love the culture, love the scenery, especially love the food!

Sri Lanka with Veron

Almost back on our doorstep, but a place I've never really explored (note to self, must change that!!). Thank you Adam, for this great showcase of a beautiful part of the UK.


Now for a nation that is high on my list of places to visit. Michel takes us to the land of the Pharoahs ... Egypt.  One day I'll get there.


From the desert to a land of forests and fields, rivers and lakes. Thank you Aiste, for showcasing your home nation. Why is it that everywhere I go I love the food?!


Another island nation, one I lived in as a child. This video makes me want to go back. Thankyou, Anastasia & Stephanie, for a great tour of your beautiful land.

Tano took a different and very entertaining approach to his video, comparing British and Italian cuisine. Hope this makes you smile as much as I did 😂

Italy with Tano

Another nation I really enjoyed, but one I also need to see more of.  Dominika takes us to the beautiful and historical nation of Poland. Yet more good food 😀

Poland with Dominika

Now here's an island nation I'd love to visit - maybe one day. Problem is, I might not want to come back home again 😎😎

Grenada with Troy

Somewhere I really loved - so we get to visit it twice 😀 We're back in Sri Lanka, this time with Jeff as our tour guide.

Sri Lanka with Jeff

If you would like to showcase your home nation and your culture, please contact the Medway Campus Chaplain for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment