Friday 9 December 2022

TABLEtalk - Stay Safe. Feel Safer

A great night at TABLEtalk and a blessing to have my colleague, Keith Casson, join us to talk about safety, both at home and when we're out and about.  Lots of great stories and advice also from the students themselves 😀

Here are some comments students gave about the evening:

"Hi Lynne. Last night's TABLEtalk was incredibly useful, very informative and even fun. Keith (hope I remembered his name correctly) is a great presenter  and definitely has a lot of experience. His tips were relevant and useful. Hope one day soon we could do a practical self defence session too."

"Hi Lynne, initially, I felt a little anxious about it - worrying about the reality, that we don’t like to think about. However,  I settled down and felt Keith was empowering the group with his knowledge and expertise. I think it’s a really important subject to raise for us all to be aware of. I feel happier that I know what I could do if I ever needed too. I shall share with my children and friends thank you ðŸŒŸ"

"I honestly loved it.  It was very necessary and I think like some mentioned the actual demonstrations and training might be beneficial for us ðŸ˜ƒ  Other than maybe more time was needed, so maybe consider having it as 2 sessions in a study year.  Also, maybe it should come earlier in the term cause that's when people are new to the environment."

"The experience and knowledge he shared was remarkable and the discussions would definitely help everyone in future."

No comments:

Post a Comment