Monday 22 May 2023

Introducing HUGGLES

Some weeks ago I was gifted this wonderful emotional support 'monkey/bear' by the Chaplaincy team at Canterbury Christ Church University.

There began a voting competition to suggest a suitable name. Believe it or not, I received almost 90 responses!!  There were some I couldn't pronounce, some not quite so suitable, and it was a real challenge to reduce that number down to just FIVE potentials.

I really want to thank all those who took part.  Thank you especially for humouring me as I took 'monkey/bear' from my office to the Drill Hall Library, to TABLEtalk and World Cafe.

Following votes submitted by friends, family, work colleagues and students, there was a very clear winner ...

In joint THIRD place came Blossom and Mr Wibbly Wobbly, submitted by two students, Jane and Misbah.

In joint SECOND place was Pistachio from one of my colleagues, Tala, and Tchissola (meaning happiness) from a student, Janete.

And finally, in FIRST place, from my colleague Samantha Lewis, we have the winner  ...

If your name wasn't chosen, or your favourite didn't win, I'm sorry 😢😢  but Huggles is happy 😀😀😀

No comments:

Post a Comment