Friday 8 March 2024

Time for a farewell

First of all, I want to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Akhil on finding a great placement for his MSc year in industrial practice.  It has been such a pleasure getting to know Akhil, and walking just a portion of his journey with him 😃😃😃

*You Found Me in My Darkest Time*

Hello Everyone, Thank you all for the love and support you've given me. Your companionship has soothed my loneliness in this strange country.

Over the years TABLEtalk has meant a lot of things to students. To me it was a place of belonging, a place of sanity while everything seemed insane. 

23/02/2023 was the first time I attended TABLEtalk, at the time I used to live in London and things weren't working out for me. After attending once, TABLEtalk was something I looked forward to every week. I'd come down from London every Thursday since then to attend the best time with Lynne and the rest of this family. Later on, I moved to Gillingham and things started turning out much better with all the people I've met here - Pauline, Jon, Barbara, Aiste, Arun, Himanshu, Robert, Jane, Jessica, Janice, Wissam, Diksha, Adenike, Victor, Nonzo, Mustafa and all the others. Every Thursday night would bring some light into my life at dark times. 

Once again I thank Lynne for creating something wonderful and serene for students like me. You have helped me to create a circle of friends that I'm proud to have. I'm happy that I got to spend my time with you and I will miss you all dearly. I will try my best to visit when I can and be part of this family again. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.

With love,
Akhil

No comments:

Post a Comment