Wednesday 9 November 2016

Health & Well-Being Fair

A Big Thank You to Ruhsen, from the University of Kent, for the excellent 'Health & Well-Being' event she organised yesterday. Thank you too for inviting me to hold a Chaplaincy stand as part of that event.

In the space of three hours, from 11am til 2pm, I talked with over 60 students, from each of the institutions. It was great to feel like I was able to give advice to some or help point them in the right direction for further guidance. I came home feeling like a very happy bunny  ...  I simply LOVE my job :-)

There were 15 or so stands including security, well-being departments, local GP surgery, Diabetes UK, Re-think, the Drill Hall Library, GK Unions, etc




In addition to excellent contact with both students and staff these events are a great opportunity to explain more about what/who the Chaplaincy actually is. It is a great time to network with other departments and also see ideas which I can make use of in the future.  I especially liked this provision of cards to write a word of encouragement to someone else :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment