Tuesday 31 January 2017

A World in Turmoil

Those who know me well, know that I am not a political person, I don't consider myself particularly intellectual, and I also don't really want this blog to become home to political statements. BUT ... I cannot remain silent in the light of all that's been happening over the past few weeks.

Along with millions of other people around the world I find the election of Donald Trump, all that he stands for and his actions since he took office deeply disturbing. This man's banner says it all >>>

How sad that two days after the Canadian President, Justin Trudeau, said, "To those fleeing persecution, terror and war. Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength"; someone took it upon themselves to enter a mosque in Quebec and gun down innocent worshippers!! Denying people life and breathe, and robbing families of their loved ones.

Let me say here, I LOVE our Muslim students, our Hindu & Sikh students, those of any faith or none. If I was to name here all those students, British, European and international, who have enriched my life over the past 13 years this blog would go on, and on, and on ...

Jesus said, "When you welcome the stranger, you welcome me. When you do not welcome the stranger, you do not welcome me."  I hope and pray that this is, and always will be, one of the hallmarks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment