Monday 10 April 2017

On a personal note ...

Last week I was away five days at an annual Christian event called Spring Harvest.  Including the children, 27 people from my church went. The theme for this year was ...

Here are just  few of my favourite nuggets from the teaching we received ...

"Prayer is an extension of our heart attitude."

"An open world begins with an open mind."

"Unity is not uniformity -
it's about legitimate diversity."

"Unity is relational not doctrinal."

"We make a living by what we get;
we make a life  by what we give."
Winston Churchill

It was a long drive to Minehead (216 miles) but on route I met the man of my dreams  ... tall, dark and borderline handsome.



I got to share an apartment with my mate of 30 years - Pauline - and the lovely Rob & Katie.  We were just 10 minutes walk from a lovely beach.








On the Friday, Pauline and I had a lovely afternoon out. Firstly lunching in the Whortleberry Tea Rooms in the wee town of Porlock; followed by a beautiful drive to Lynton & Lynmouth, and a trip on the funicular railway.
 

Last but not least  ...  did you know that 2.4 billion people don’t have somewhere safe, clean and hygienic to go to the loo. That’s more than a third of the people on the planet!!!
By donating £60 to twin your toilet, you help those in desperate poverty to have access to a proper latrine, clean water and the information they need to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment