Wednesday 3 January 2018

Where are they now? Babatope

My name is Babatope (colleagues call me Baba).  I completed my Masters degree in Geographic Information System (GIS) with Remote Sensing from the University of Greenwich between 2012 and 2014.  During this period I consistently attended most of the activities organised by Lynne or those she knew of (the Dover trip was the best!).  I also volunteered at the British Red Cross in London.

I returned to my home state - Lagos, Nigeria - in January 2014 to undertake phase two of a project I had contributed to in phase one tagged: Geocoding and Navigation Mapping for Lagos state.  

During this time I also got married to my lovely and beautiful wife, Sandra, in 2015; whom I had met during my splendid time in Medway (she was an undergraduate).


On completing my part of the project in July, I relocated to London with my wife in September 2015 and returned to the British Red Cross for a second period of volunteering before I started working for Hertfordshire County Council as an Information Analyst.  During this period we had our baby boy, Semi (now 8 months old) and I feel so alive being a father. 


I now consult as a GIS consultant with WSP in London and that is my little journey over these last five years.



No comments:

Post a Comment