Monday 8 January 2018

Where are they now? Juan

After one year of hard work but of amazing experiences as well, the time to return home arrived. With a mixture of feelings I left behind the UK and some people who left an emotional mark in my life, because by studying at Greenwich and by default living in Chatham gave the opportunity to meet lots of people and make many friends. 

However, I knew that it was time to start acting and developing my professional career by applying all the knowledge acquired over the last year. But to be honest, at the beginning my situation was a little difficult and I had to wait a few months until finding a job. 

One of my typical lectures!! 
Since then I have been working as a professor in a local University (ESPOCH), which is located in the Ecuadorian Amazonia. Basically my job consists in teaching several subjects such as: biology, air pollution and experimental design. But also all the activities that a common professor develops in any university in the world: tutorials, conferences, field trips and more.

Reforestation fieldwork

Field trip to Tropical Dry Forest located in
the Ecological Reserve “Arenillas”
Finally I just can say that my personal experience studying abroad was COMPLETELY WONDERFUL, and as I promised to my friends before leaving the UK: I’ll be back!
Miss you too much guys!

Lynne (the most charming lady I met in the UK), Sonali, Arshad, Suvarna, Justus, Areti, Cristina, Aiste, Joyce, Amira, Acsha… Sorry but if I forgot someone!

Field trip to Jambeli Island

The Sangay volcano directly from the
window of my office

No comments:

Post a Comment