Tuesday 26 May 2020

Food Glorious Food

These have been difficult days for lots of people, in lots of different ways.  This post is to say a 
to Bookers Cash & Carry, Rochester for their generous donations of food, especially over these past two month; and also to Simon Morbey of St Mark's Church, Gillingham for facilitating these donations.

When the Medway Campus went in to lockdown, along with government advice, many students went home. However, some were unable to do that and have remained in student accommodation. Over the past two months I (Campus Chaplain) have been able to take 12 food deliveries to halls to support these students, many of whom are internationals.

"I’d like to say a big thank you for the free food donations, I know they have been greatly appreciated by myself and other students on campus especially during this difficult time. I’m also pleased to see that instead of the food being thrown away, it is being donated, it’s a nice thing to do and I’m grateful."  Cerys, UK



"My name is Sijun, an international student from China. I want to thank Bookers Cash & Carry, Simon, and our chaplain, Lynne, for helping with the donations of  food.  You have helped free me from spending a lot of time to line up to buy food, especially during the exam week. I commend you for your kindness."  Sijun (China)

"Hi. My name is Keegan and I was one of the unlucky ones to have caught the virus. I have suffered for two months straight and my underlying health issues did not help. However, all that you have done for me and the students definitely has helped. You’ve saved me several trips to the grocery store, not to mention quite a bit of money, and what student wouldn’t be grateful for that. So, to everyone who donated the food and helped Lynne, our Chaplain, to help us  ...  and of course especially Lynne herself  ...  a big, heartfelt thank you from an eternally grateful student. I can only hope to pay your kindness forward." Keegan (India)


"My friends and I are a group of international students. Because of covid-19, we reduced the number of times we went shopping. Since we have no means of transportation, the amount of things we can buy and carry is very limited. So, we are very grateful for the food you donated, which has helped us a lot. Thank you." Nanjun (China)

"I would like to say thank you to Bookers Cash & Carry for all the support offered during the pandemic period. Being an international student and not able to go back to my country, you helped me a lot during these hard times. I wish you all the best and thank you again for your support." Chintan (India)

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Lynne!
    Thanks to you and those who donated..

    ReplyDelete