Thursday 21 May 2020

World Day of Cultural Diversity


The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is an occasion to promote culture and highlight the significance of its diversity as an agent of inclusion and positive change. It represents an opportunity to celebrate culture’s manifold forms, from the tangible and intangible, to creative industries, to the diversity of cultural expressions, and to reflect on how these contribute to dialogue, mutual understanding, and the social, environmental and economic vectors of sustainable development.
Taken from: 
https://en.unesco.org/commemorations/culturaldiversityday/2019

One of the very best things about my role as Campus Chaplain, is the degree of contact I have with students (and staff) from around the globe. You don't have to be around me very long to realise how much I love to travel and experience new lands.
Over the past 9 years I have had the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with students from 80+ different nationalities. This map shows, in red, the nations I've had contact with.  I simply couldn't begin to list all the students who have impacted and enriched my life in such a beautiful way.  Students I've laughed with and cried with, students I have been able to comfort, and those who have comforted me. Students I have visited in their home nations, mums and dads and siblings I've met. Amazing food I have tasted and gifts I've received.  Words fail me, all I can say is ...

My apologies if your language is not represented here,
I simply couldn't list all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment