Thursday 2 September 2021

On a personal note ...

I have been so grateful for some time away, prior to the start of a new academic year. Firstly, I enjoyed a week catching up with family; then my dad and I went off to south west Wales where we rented an airbnb.

On route we stopped off in Cardiff - firstly for Dad to visit 
the National Museum but also to have a wonderful 
catch up lunch with Adnan from Syria, who was a 
Greenwich student some years back and is now almost 
at the end of his PhD journey in Cardiff.

Our accommodation was in Begelly, just 15 minutes outside of Tenby, which has some stunning beaches.


For me, one of the highlights was an Island boat trip we took around St Catherine's and Caldey Islands
Just wondering if I might get sea sick 😟😟

We saw lots of seals and cormorants ... and also got a tad wet!!!

One day we drove to St David's to visit the beautiful cathedral and the ruins of the Bishop's Palace.


Newgale is another lovely beach, where we stopped  for icecream ...


A fab Greek meal out 😀

Also got to spend a day with friends Poppy, Simon,
Paul & Chris in Haverfordwest, with a trip to
Broad Haven beach.

A great view to wake up to
Carew Castle

Bosherston Lily Ponds - not just any walk, but a walk down memory lane as the last time I was here my lovely mum was alive 😀

All in all, a great ten days to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment