Monday 15 July 2019

Hever Castle

This is the fifth year I have taken students to the medieval jousting event at Hever Castle and this was, by far, the largest group. It really is one of my favourite days out. There is so much to see and do and the grounds are so beautiful. 
Even with a zillion children and families around you can find yourself a nice quiet spot to simply relax.




Personally, I didn't go in to the castle  ...  instead, I was enjoying a coffee and the sunshine :-)
Just enough time to relax
before the display begins.
Everyone did their own thing, until it was time for the jousting display.

 
  

 
Oh, pay attention now  ...  King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn have arrived!
The jousting display was a tad late starting so a few of us left early in order to have time for boating on the lake.


It really isn't that easy!!


Trust everyone had a great day out.
If you have photos or comments you'd like
added to this post, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment