Wednesday 10 July 2019

On a personal note ...

With Basel's help I have finally downloaded all my photos from Bulgaria (country no. 37) where I've recently been for holiday. I stayed in a nice hotel near Bourgas, relaxed, swam, read and ate far too much!!!  

Also visited a few of the local sites, my favourite of which was Nessebar.


This chicken was most definitely alive but had
no way of escaping its fate!!
In addition to Bulgaria, I took a two-day trip to Istanbul, which was definitely the highlight of my time away (country no.38).  Despite it begin a city of 18 million people, I was amazed at how much green there was; but it is also known as The City on Seven Hills.

We visited the Blue Mosque and the spice market, I took a boat trip along the Bosphorous and, of course, got to sample some wonderful local cuisine.


All in all, it was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment