Thursday 11 July 2019

University of Kent Graduations

Graduations are a bitter-sweet experience for me. On the one hand it is wonderful to see students at the end of their degree journey, especially those I've had the privilege of walking alongside for a season. Yet on the other hand, it means more goodbyes, which are often tinged with sadness.

As always the beautiful, historic cathedral in Rochester provided the setting for this years University of Kent Graduations.





Well done, Arun! Thanks for all your
help over the years with various events,
especially our Carols on Campus.
What will I do without you?!
Congratulations, Chantelle. It was lovely
getting to know you through the Christian Union.
May God bless you abundantly in your
next season of life.


Collins, well done and BIG
CONGRATS on the 2.1 :-)
Thanks for all your engagement
in CU, for your questions and
your desire to grow.
I was especially moved this year by one of the honorary degrees, awarded to Mavis & Ray Nye, whose story of a battle with mesothelioma (lung cancer caused by asbestos) and her resulting tireless work to raise awareness and help other sufferers was truly inspiring.
My little gold nugget that I will take away from all that Mavis said is this:
"Passion is Priceless"

For more information:



"Morning Lynne, the Lord is so wonderful. I have received the appeal outcome and it was successful. I have officially graduated with a 2.1!!! A huge thank you for all your help and support and prayers."  Collins


"Hi Lynne, it's a shame that I didn't get to see you on Tuesday ... I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your support over this academic year. When I first met you in December ... I was really unsure of how I was going to cope. But your weekly sessions on the Purpose Driven Life were such a blessing to look forward to. Although I didn't share my story at the time, you still helped me tremendously and I'm so grateful that God put you in my path. As I move onto my next chapter in life, I'll be praying for your ministry, in hope that you can continue to help more students like me! Your faith has been an inspiration to me, and I'm really thankful for the wisdom you have passed down to me.  Blessings"  Chantelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment