Saturday 28 November 2015

St Andrew's Night

This blog entry is dedicated to all my Scottish friends  ...
I have not forgotten you!

We had a great night at TABLEtalk on Thursday, Nov 26th celebrating St Andrew's and all things Scottish. Our evening began with with a quiz, trying to match some Scottish words with their respective meanings.

Even from the back you can read the confusion in people's body language  ... what on earth does dreich mean, or laldie, or the phrase peely-wally??  




Our winner, through sheer guess work was Sara from Egypt. Well done!!










I tried four different supermarkets to find vegetarian haggis but with no joy :-(  However, all our non-veggies were able to have a sample of traditional haggis, tatties and neeps. Which was very much appreciated by Mohammad from Jordan on this his last night at TABLEtalk.  "Dear Mr Sharsheer, I'm really going to miss you! You have made me laugh so often and it's been great getting to know you"



I do have a video of what was the chaos of our Canadian Barn dance and will attempt to upload that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment