Wednesday 20 September 2017

Licensing Service

I would like to say a very, very big THANK YOU to all those who came along to share in my licensing service on Sunday, Sept 17th.  It was such a special time for me; to see students & colleagues from university, friends from St Mark's and a variety of other local churches was a beautiful blessing.
There are simply too many people to thank!  Especially those who produced such a scrumptious buffet of savoury nibbles and marvellous cakes. Unfortunately, I was feeling too sick with nerves to partake of anything :-(


Thank you so much Graham and team for the wonderful worship.  I would say "great choice of songs" but I chose them myself :-)


Jane Glew, University of Kent Master,
presenting me to Bishop James.
 Thanks oodles James and Sonali for doing our readings so beautifully  ...  Psalm 139 and Philippians 1:1-11

Saju interviewed several students: Aiste, Basim and Peter. Thank you so much for the kind things you said about me and about our activities. I felt very blessed and very humbled.



Having presented me with my formal
licensing certificate.
Bishop James prays for me

Finally, it was my turn to say a few words of thanks ... 

And then it was all over :-)

LtoR: Jonah, Lydia, James, Tony, me and Papa
I thought I was tall until I stood between
Saju and Bishop James !!!
Oodles of lovely people  ...
Becca, Aiste, Pesila, Katie, Joseph, Amira, Awad,
Geethani, Basim, me, Basel, Areti & Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment