Tuesday 5 September 2017

Faversham Hop Festival


Set in the beautiful medieval heart of Faversham, this lively and popular event recalls the traditional festivities associated with the hop harvest and celebrates the town’s unrivalled hop heritage. Now one of the largest free street festivals in the south east, the event boasts plenty to see and do throughout the weekend with entertainment including live music on 5 stages, arts & crafts, Morris Dancers, street performers and processions.


There was a wide variety of music and entertainment and we spent some time in the sun, enjoying the sounds of David Midgen and the Twisted Roots.

In addition to watching several Morris sides, some slightly questionable belly-dancing, and listening to a great drum troupe, whose name I sadly can't remember.

There were loads of food stalls and I searched high and low for a steak sandwich  ... it was finger-licking good!!!

 I also desperately wanted to add to my mad hat collection but at £35 a hat I just couldn't justify it :-( 

All-in-all it was a fab day out and I won't hesitate to go again next year!!


Leke, do send me some of your photos to share :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment