Tuesday 29 May 2018

Chaplaincy Pop-Ups

The months of April and May are particularly busy and stressful for many students, as they are completing final assignments and preparing for exams. 

Here at the Medway campus, between the Drill Hall Library, GKUnions and Chaplaincy I think we have done a rather splendid job in seeking to support students.  We've had de-stress advice, exam tips, relaxation techniques, pilates tasters, film showings, nail care, massage, pets as therapy dogs, etc, etc.

For the past TEN weeks I have spent a day a week in the library giving out exam tips, de-stress advice and generally engaging with students who are feeling the pressure of exams, etc.

In addition, I have given away 322 bottles of water, a plethora of sweets, chocolates and lollies, and I've lost count of how many inspirational bookmarks have been taken. All I know is they are very popular and I am constantly printing, cutting, laminating and cutting again :-0


Some student have been nonplussed by me giving away 'FREE STUFF'!!  But I've had some lovely comments. One student said, "It's really nice that people understand how stressful this time is."  Another told me that she had picked up this bookmark last year and that it had helped to carry her through her first year of study ...
The 'exam de-stress' post I did on April 26th has to-date received 0ver 530 page views!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment