Tuesday 25 October 2022

What Makes You Smile?

In conjunction with our World Mental Health Day this month, Chaplaincy and the Drill Hall Library partnered together to hold a photo competition entitled 'What makes you smile?"

This was open to all staff and students at Medway and entrants had to provide a photo, along with a brief explanation of it made then smile. 

We had just nine entries ... so, a BIG THANK YOU to those who took part. Another THANK YOU to Rev Dave Stroud from CCCU who picked our winners 😀😀😀

1st Prize - Maya

"What made me smile in that picture?  My best friend, the answer is simple. This picture was randomly clicked by my best friend last month.  I was feeling lonely and stressed that time and I asked him to come over for one day. We had a great time together at the Strand and took a lot of pictures. On the way back, he tricked me by looking up train times, and I was disappointed that the day had come to an end so quickly, until he said he'd stay for another day, which surprised me, and the photo was taken right at that moment."

2nd Prize - Janice

"Story behind the picture: This is a picture of my pet Kiba. I captured this picture in August 2022 as this was the first time he brought the ball back to me. I often struggled while teaching him to fetch as he always took the ball and ran even more far rather then bringing and giving it back to me. I was so happy that finally my hyperactive pet had learned something I was teaching him from months and couldn't resist from clicking a picture and sending it to all my cousins who often came to play with him. Sometimes even the smallest things do matter and that's the reason I often click pictures of even the most random things because these random memories help me stay happy no matter what is going on in life, Just a quick look on this picture and hundred memories get back in mind bringing a big smile on my face."

3rd prize - Himadri

"I like the picture because the fascinating art conveys happiness without words"

Our other excellent entries, all of which made Dave and I smile in some way. Thank you again for sharing your images with us.

Ahmed


April

David

Anon

Aiste

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment