Tuesday 7 November 2017

A Message from Basim

"I feel great to be part of this blog, an opportunity given by Lynne Martin that is not to be missed on my farewell from the UK. Most of you know me and the ones that don’t, my name is Basim Chishty, an engineering graduate from University of Greenwich. I came to study in September 2015 and in no time it is already time to say Good Bye to all the loved ones I have met in the past 2 years and 1 month. I will miss you all, it is about the beautiful people more than the place. People’s presence makes it all unique and worthwhile.
Soon, all the good times will become memories that I will cherish forever in my life. This beautiful chapter in the UK has changed me in many positive ways, I do have something to say to all those who read. I believe all the people I have met were meant to cross my path for a reason, it was not by accident. The reason is to learn from them, whether it is kindness, generosity, love or the opposite. Everything has its own purpose. I have learned that is important to always be open to those who cross your path, you never know what they can teach you or what they may end up doing to make your life better.
I am very much thankful to the people I have met in my life that are real. I am thankful to those who crossed my path and will never forget what they have done for me. Thank you for all the wishes and prayers for my future career. I believe when one door closes, the other gates open for bigger and better blessings. I have applied for more than thousand jobs in UK, however, I did not give up! You shouldn’t do it either no matter how hard life hits you. Every stepping stone is a step towards success.
This is for you Lynne: You are an incredible lady, if it were not for you and your support, I would have given up a long time ago. You were always there for me, as a mother is there for her child. I felt welcomed as an international student for the platforms you provided for me to be part of which are TABLEtalk, World Café, International Welcome meals, Fireworks Night, the Car Rides, Beach Trips, Castle Trips and those cozy Movie Nights, BBQ days and Sunday lunches. The list goes one, these platforms gave me an opportunity to be part of a community and learn so much from others, and importantly to share laughs and jokes with each other that has led to many friendships. Above all, Lynne you have a special place in my heart. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I will come visit you or invite you over to the other side once I'm settled or on my wedding.
I miss you all already! God Bless you all! Stay focus on your goals! God has a gift for everyone, patience is the key to that gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment