Friday 10 November 2017

Where are they now? Suvarna

Hey guys!!! For all those people who do not know me, I am Suvarna Lenin (I know lot of people read Lynne’s blog). I graduated from Greenwich in 2016 and I am working as a QC analyst for a Pharmaceutical Company in India. Lynne had this beautiful idea of giving us a chance to update our friends about how life has been after leaving them but before I get there, I want to say, thank you Lynne for being as wonderful as always by letting us do this.

Leaving UK has been hard for me in a lot of aspects. At first I was constantly nagged by the idea of not getting a job there but honestly, right now I feel blessed for not finding one. I feel, the happiness you get being around your family cannot be worth the sacrifices you do for the salary there! Life in the UK was different. I got to meet and make lots of friends. Lynne is definitely one such person who has a special place in my heart. I know she is just doing her duty towards all the new students but every time she did that for me, I felt more cared for and loved. 

I will never forget the things she has done for me, especially the Christmas in 2015, where I got to celebrate with my new “family” in the UK. It would not have been possible without her. Now that I am in India, life has been a bit more serious because I have entered a different and responsible phase. There is the cultural difference too. Here it is more work and less “friends” time. I am so fuelled up with work for the week that weekends are the only time for good rest and sleep. I think the only time I get to enjoy is when I take a week off to meet my family and friends.  

I enjoy my work life and I have made some amazing friends at work too but there are so many restrictions that I constantly end up missing all the fun nights with my friends there. I think both lives are different and I should accept the way it is. Coming back to what I miss the most about UK are things like making chapattis with my cook-mate Andrew, all the girl talks with my buddies Jill, Veroni, Christina and Wisnu (this one is not a girl, but we often drag him in all the talks), teaming up with Dev and Wisnu for the games and definitely all the fun filled video game nights. These people accepted me the way I was and made my days in the UK worth living. I will never forget the night before I left the UK, these sweethearts had taken their wonderful time out to spend the whole night with me. I have never thanked them enough for their care. I have been lucky to get these friends who have always been there for me and never felt abandoned because every time I felt lonely or missed them, they would cheer me up with a message or a call.
 

These guys are the true gifts I got from the UK. The credit goes to Lynne because of whom I got to meet those lovely people. She is the cupid who gave me Dev (my other half). I am also glad I made many other friends whom I still keep in touch with. I always tell Lynne she is doing a beautiful job by organising events for all the international students. She is definitely the first name that comes to your mind when you look back at your life in the UK. Hope this whole idea of hers to make people meet and help all students keep continuing. Lynne you will definitely be in our hearts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment