Thursday 26 March 2020

My Prayers Today

I thought I would share my prayers from this morning ...

"Heavenly Father, our world is in crisis and many are dying. I know that you see, I know that you understand the reasons why. I totally believe that you are sovereign. Show us Lord, what to do, teach us, humble us, grant us your wisdom.

Lord God you are sovereign over all things. You created this world and all that is in it. You formed each one of us and ordained the days of our lives.

Help us, Lord, to hold fast to you. To find peace in the truth that you know the beginning from the end. In this time of such uncertainty we need to take strength from your Word, your promises, from all that we know you to be.

Lord, we pray for all those who are struggling financially as a result of this crisis. Lord, some how, some way, grant them all that they need to sustain life. I pray for the work of Foodbanks around the nation - for adequate food supplies, for finance and for volunteers. Lord, thank you for the 'Good Neighbour Scheme'. May they too find sufficient volunteers and be able to provide help to those who truly need it. I praise you Lord, for all those who have volunteered to help the NHS - be with those who will administrate that task.

Father God, please be with those serving in our NHS and all other emergency services at this time. Be their shield from infection. Sustain and strengthen them. Encourage them. Give them hope.

Lord, be with those who are so unwell at this time, especially those with added health complications. For those I know and those I don't know.

Lord, comfort those who have lost loved ones. For those unable to attend funerals. For those who cannot physically be with their loved ones right now.  I pray too for those who are lonely and isolated and anxious. May they sense your tangible presence at this time.

Lord God, we pray for our leaders at this time. For Boris Johnson, for parliament, for our chief medical advisors. God, grant them wisdom to know and to make good decisions.


Father God, along with your church worldwide we pray for deliverance from this crisis. May it be swift. May it be absolute. Lord, show yourself as ...

No comments:

Post a Comment