Thursday 19 March 2020

Where are they now? Collins

My name is Collins Konadu -Mensah I graduated from the University of Kent class of 2019 with a BA in Criminology and Criminal justice . My experience at university was an amazing time, due to the friends I made, the societies I joined, and the job opportunities I put myself forward for. 

It was a truly memorable experience in which I developed myself as a person through my relationship with Christ.  Whilst at university I meet our Chaplain, Lynne Martin. Meeting the Chaplain was very useful to me as she allowed me to talk about my issues head on and she invited me to come to her Bible study sessions.  These sessions were very informative as it allowed members to talk about their
religion regardless of their faith, ethnicity or background.
Throughout university I have learnt that having faith at university is vital as it allows us to have a higher being to protect us and guide us throughout our life even though, yes. your faith can be tested at certain periods of your life, like I experienced during my final years.  It is always good to keep on believing.

Now as I have officially completed university I am currently in work about which I am satisfied as it keeps me active. I knew that once I finished my educational career I wanted to take a break from education and truly discover what I want to do with my life career wise. However, I AM IN NO RUSH and will travel to various countries in the upcoming months these countries consist of, Ghana, Canada and Holland. Going to these places my aim is for pure relaxation and enjoyment to which I look forward to explore.

Overall I want to say a massive thank you to all my module convenors and my supervisor Tara Young who believed in me and all the work I have done. Each of you individually have been a massive part of my university journey and have helped me in various ways for that I am eternally grateful so 'Thank you' and 'Thank you' again.

To Sian Newman. my learning support worker. I am forever grateful for all your help throughout the years, night or day you have always been there for me, willing to help me out with work; and always being a listening ear when times were not that great at university and for that I am so very grateful.

Thanks to my classmates, who made each day fruitful in Kent, I hope to see you all in the near future and can’t wait for our next reunion. I definitely consider I have made friends for life and will always remain in contact with those I hold near and dear.

All your work has highlighted to me that after 24 years of education I finally realised that teachers 
really do care for the students and want them to reach their maximum potential it is just up to the student TO WORK HARD and cooperate.

For now, my time at Kent is over, hopefully the future is looking bright and who knows maybe one day sometime fairly soon I will be starting a new chapter in my life, so stay posted …… thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment