Monday 30 March 2020

Where are they now? Yihan


Hi, my name is Yi-Han Ho and I am from Taiwan (that's me on the left). I just finished my degree at the University of Greenwich in the summer of 2019.  I studied MSc in Agriculture for Sustainable Development. It was a very good experience for me because I got the opportunity to communicate with classmates from many other countries. It expanded my international view.

Celebrating St Patrick's Day at TABLEtalk,
wearing green and winning a green
prize :-)
When I first came to the UK I was super nervous because everything was in English and I didn’t have enough confidence with my language skills. Fortunately, a friend of mine took me to TABLEtalk.  This was a great place for me to build up my confidence, learn about British culture and practice my English with other students through listening and discussing a weekly topic there. 

I really enjoyed studying abroad because I became more independent; I had to make decisions by myself and I learned to take more responsibility and manage money. Furthermore, I tried to release my stress by travelling to other cities and joining in Student Union activities (swimming or yoga).

I really appreciated and want to thank my supervisor Jonne Rodenburg, he helped me a lot and really took care of me during the year.  Also a friend of mine, Siwabhorn Sakulpakdee; we helped and encouraged each other to get through the difficulties of university.  I would like to thank the many students and volunteers from TABLEtalk, thanks for your patience with me.

I have returned home now and I’m looking for an agricultural job, one which will apply my new knowledge and skills to help the farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment