Wednesday 22 April 2020

Where are they now? Areti

Hello Everyone! 
My name is Areti Konstantinou and I come from a small and sunny country in the Eastern Mediterranean  -  Cyprus.  

I graduated from the University of Greenwich with a BSc in Biomedical Sciences in 2018.  At this point, I would like to thank, with all my heart, my mum, my friends and especially Lynne.  Lynne was the person who was always there, not only for me but for all students; supporting all of us in any way that she could to cope with our problems, struggles and stress.  I will never be able to thank her enough.
Sunday Lunches

Trip to Oxford

Trip to Hastings
Studying abroad in a different language, away from your family and people that you know, coping with living on your own in a place where people have different customs and culture can be very challenging especially at the beginning and this can lead to real culture shock.  I was one of those people who experienced serious culture shock in those first few months of my studies, but I was lucky enough to meet Lynne who encouraged me to join TABLEtalk, World Cafe, the Sunday Lunch Scheme and other activities that helped me to overcome the shock, become more confident in the way I was expressing myself, enjoy my time as a student and make friends for life.
In Rochester with friends
Graduation🎓
After completion of my studies with Greenwich, I did an MSc in Cancer, Molecular and Cellular Biology at Queen Mary University, London hoping that one day with my knowledge I will be able to help people suffering from cancer.  After numerous job applications and faith in God, I am working in Kent, in a Food & Pharmaceutical Company as a Laboratory Technician.

I am so grateful for all the beautiful memories, the wonderful people that I have met and the challenges that I have faced because everything and everyone taught me something.  Don't forget that the best is yet to come and always keep faith in what you are doing!

Thank you all
Areti  💜💖

P.S.  As a key worker I would like to thank all of you that stay at home for us, the NHS staff and other people in need at this time. Together we can do it❕❕

No comments:

Post a Comment