Monday 6 April 2020

Where are they now? Awad

Hola!!!! My name is Awad Chishty and I am from Pakistan, however, I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I came to the UK in Sept 2015 to pursue BEng Mechanical Engineering at University of Greenwich. When I finished my Bachelors in 2018, I decided to continue my studies and do a Masters in Engineering Management from the same university which I finished in the summer of 2019.

Day out at Hever Castle
Honestly, no words can describe the wonderful experience I had in the UK. I have met so many beautiful people and have great memories and I can surely say that my time in the UK was one of the best times in my life. Thanks to Lynne and the events she organised such as TABLEtalk, World Café, Sunday Lunch and various trips to the beach, castles, etc. Lynne has always been so welcoming and has helped so many international students whenever they needed help. I've met so many people who are now among my closest friends through Lynne and her events. During these events, I did not only meet people, but also learnt so much, developed as a person and of course had so much fun.

I have so many good memories; however, my favourite ones are the movie nights at Lynne’s place. It is an evening well spent with beautiful people and delicious food. Basically, it is an evening just relaxing and lazying around. Another memory/experience, which I cherish is when I went to explore England by City hopping with friends and visited Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Lake District. The trip was full of adventures with some of my very close friends.

Paint-balling with friends
After finishing my studies, I returned to Saudi Arabia to my parents and did some travelling around. Now, I am looking forward to finding a job and see what the future holds for me. I hope to return to UK and see all my friends once the virus is gone and things are back to normal. For now, I am just chilling and relaxing as the whole world is more or less on a lockdown. SO PEOPLE READING THIS, STAY HOME & STAY SAFE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment