Tuesday 21 April 2020

Where are they now? Arshad & Daria

Pesila, Lynne, Acsha and ME
Hi there!  We are Daria and Arshad.  Originally I, Daria,   am from mother Russia and Arshad is from a tiny island called Mauritius.  I completed MSc Food Safety & Quality Management at the University of Greenwich in 2017; while Arshad was doing research in Biomedical Engineering. Thank god he was not my lecturer!  I am so happy that our encounter took us where we are right now 🙂

For both of us, it was not easy to study and live on our own, as for many other students who come from abroad.  Thanks to Lynne, it turned out that I was not alone for too long because I met lots of friends from different parts of the world, including my would be husband!  University life was never boring.  In between studying, we were able to fit in student activities such as TABLEtalk, World Cafe, Sunday Lunches and trips. Love you Lynne, you are like a mother to us.


TABLEtalk Christmas Party

Watching football with friends
Winter Ball

After the completion of our studies, life moved us apart. Arshad found a job in France and I was determined to find a job in the UK, to pursue a relationship with Arshad.  I applied for jobs day and night and thankfully found a small food company willing to sponsor me.



A year and a half later, Arshad came back to the UK to be with the love of his life and we started living together. We went to Iceland where he proposed to me on 14th February 2019.  Fast-forward eight months, we held a small civil wedding ceremony with our close friends and family.

Living together is never boring.  There is always a person who keeps you happy and smiling and you cannot wait to come home because your husband is such a helper ... he cleans, cooks, does laundry and dishes and  ...  complains a lot.

Keep calm and stay home!
Daria & Arshad ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment