Thursday 9 April 2020

Where are they now? Wafaa

My name is Wafaa Abdullah, I am originally from Kurdistan of Iraq.  I gained my MSc. in Natural resources and sustainable environmental management from the University of Greenwich, Medway campus, in 2013.








My study time at the university was extraordinary, it taught me a lot about life and study in the UK. I got to know many good friends from different countries whom I am still in contact with.  I have attended many events and gatherings at the university, but one of the most useful, joyful and peaceful gatherings was the World Cafe organised every Wednesday.  I admire and respect every volunteer who participated in organising the gathering, they were very kind people, friendly and supportive.  I also met the University Chaplain, Lynne Martin, who was very friendly and valuable, always available to discuss any issue and provide advice and support.

I am very thankful to my supervisors in NRI, for all the support and guidance they provided and all the knowledge they shared. Also, very thankful to my classmates who were always there to discuss any study and life topics.

I currently live in the United States of America and work for nonprofit organisations in Washington D.C. supporting Asia, MENA, Africa, and Eurasia divisions.  I am planning to visit the UK in the near future, I miss the UK and all the good friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment