Monday 8 April 2019

Purpose Driven Life

Over the past two months I have been delivering a weekly study session for our Christian Union, based around Rick Warren's book 'The Purpose Driven Life'.

Personally, I have really enjoyed the process of preparing the study each week, thinking of interactive ways of encouraging students to engage with the questions and sharing something of my own story and my own walk with God  ...  both the highs and the lows.

We ended our study with pizza together and a chance to give feedback and consider what the future might look like for the Christian Union.  

Here are a few of the comments students gave ...

"Enjoyed the sessions, good to fellowship 
with others in Christ and learn from each 
other. Personally it has helped me build a 
relationship with Christ by reading my 
Bible, attending church and asking more 
questions."

"I like that we were being taught but
also encouraged to participate and
question the Chaplain."

"Purpose Driven Life is a wonderful
book, I've only just started it but so far
it's really good. I think it's wonderful
for Christians who are looking to
cement their faith step by step."

"I found that it was very inspirational,
I now feel far more confident in myself
and my faith and I'm excited to move
forward into future ventures."

"I enjoyed the topics explored in
the book and the discussions."

"I enjoyed how studies were dedicated
to specific chapters and activities
were based on them."

"Teaching was practical, each session
was interactive and I was carried along.
The teaching enlightened me and gave
me confidence and trust in God.
Sessions where we prayed in small
groups were really amazing and helpful."

No comments:

Post a Comment